A small monthly subscription gives you access
to our Legal Prestige+ plan:
Up to R300 000 per case (not per year) in order to pay for legal fees.
Advice and assistance from our team of qualified lawyers.
Access to our range of benefits such as Trauma Assist and tax advice.
For R264 a month, Legal Prestige+ offers you:
Up to R300 000 to pay for legal fees per case.
If you need help with a legal matter, a monthly subscription fee of R264 will ensure that a highly skilled, experienced lawyer is always on your side.
Our team of qualified lawyers are always available to assist you with:
- Face-to-face consultations (JHB branch only);
- Communication and negotiations with other parties on your behalf; and
- Advice on any legal matter.
With Legal Prestige+, you’ll also get:
In times of stress, we’re the ones to call. From telephonic trauma counselling and face-to-face trauma counselling to a private ambulance service and medical assistance, Legal&Tax goes the extra mile for our members.*
How does it work?
- Look out for the SMS you will receive when you join.
- You MUST save this to speed dial.
- In an emergency, press the allocated button on your phone, and a crisis manager will call you within 30 seconds.
* Includes main members, spouse and children up to 18.
For more information on Trauma Assist, click here.
Debt affects many of us, but that doesn't mean it can't be conquered. With Legal&Tax, a professional debt counsellor will help you restructure your debts, ensuring your repayments are manageable and affordable, so you can enjoy a debt-free life.
For more information on Debt Assist, click here.
Assistance with your annual tax returns by means of:
- Telephonic and face-to-face consultations
- Communications with the South African Revenue Services (SARS)
- General tax queries
- Registration as a taxpayer
- Outstanding tax returns
- Salary structuring
- Provisional tax
- General tax queries
- Completion of tax returns for you and your spouse
For more information on tax returns, click here.
Get financial assistance to cover the legal fees that may arise should you divorce.*
* Provided the member has paid their policy for six consecutive months.
* Divorce must be unchallenged and both parties must be in agreement with regards to the terms of the divorce.
After-Hours Emergency Service
While the after-hours bail advisory service applies to all members, Prestige members will in addition receive a refundable cash payment to be utilised to pay bail. Prestige Members will receive a maximum of R2500, while Prestige Plus members receive a maximum of R5000 (“the covered amount”).
Members who have been retrenched from their jobs are entitled to six months’ free premiums on their policy, provided their premiums have been fully paid for the previous 12 months.
TeleTeacher is a Legal&Tax service which helps grade 1-12 learners anywhere in the country in all major subjects and languages. Simply phone 011 242 5333 and you’ll be put through to a qualified teacher who can answer your child’s questions.
For more information on Teleteacher, click here.
When would you need legal cover?
The following are some of the situations that would require legal advice and assistance:
- Unfair dismissal
- Motor accidents or “third party” claims
- Personal injury or wrongful death
- Damage to property
- Contractual disputes
- Residential building disputes
- Defective goods
- Lease or body corporate complaints
- Insurance or medical aid claims that are unfairly rejected
- Wrongful prosecution
What’s not covered?
The most common exclusions are prior events (i.e. pre-existing matters), business matters, family matters and deliberate criminal acts. Click here to read the full terms, conditions and exclusions. Please remember that even if your matter is not covered, we are always here to help with free advice.
All the tools, tips and guides you need, courtesy of Legal&Tax.