A small monthly subscription gives you access to
our Legal Pocket+ plan, including:
Up to R90 000 per case (not per year) in order to pay for legal fees.
Advice and assistance from our team of qualified lawyers.
Access to our range of additional benefits, such as Trauma Assist and Debt Assist
For R85 a month, Legal Pocket+ offers you:
Up to R90 000 to pay for legal fees per case.
If you need help with a legal matter, a monthly subscription fee of R85 will ensure that a highly skilled, experienced lawyer is available to you.
Our team of qualified lawyers are always available to assist you with:
- Face-to-face consultations (JHB branch only);
- Communication and negotiations with other parties on your behalf; and
- Advice on legal matters.
With Legal Pocket+, you’ll also get:
In times of stress, we’re the ones to call. From telephonic trauma counselling and face-to-face trauma counselling to a private ambulance service and medical assistance, Legal&Tax goes the extra mile for our members.
How does it work?
- Look out for the SMS you will receive when you join.
- You MUST save this to speed dial.
- In an emergency, press the allocated button on your phone, and a crisis manager will call you within 30 seconds.
Debt affects many of us, but that doesn't mean it can't be conquered. With Legal&Tax, a professional debt counsellor will help you restructure your debts, ensuring your repayments are manageable and affordable.
After-Hours Emergency Service
If a member is arrested after hours, we’ll get a lawyer to you. We will also reimburse you for your for fees on condition you have a justified and valid defence.*
* Provided all the conditions of the policy have been met.
Retrenchment BenefitMembers who have been retrenched from their jobs are entitled to six months’ free premiums on their policy, provided their premiums have been fully paid for the previous 6 months.
When would you need legal cover?
The following are some of the situations that may require legal advice and assistance:
- Unfair dismissal
- Motor accidents or “third party” claims
- Personal injury or wrongful death
- Damage to property
- Contractual disputes
- Residential building disputes
- Defective goods
- Lease or body corporate complaints
- Insurance or medical aid claims that are unfairly rejected
- Wrongful prosecution
What’s not covered?
The most common exclusions are prior events (i.e. pre-existing matters), business matters, family matters and deliberate criminal acts. Click here to read the full terms, conditions and exclusions. Please remember that even if your matter is not covered, we are always here to help with free advice.
All the tools, tips and guides you need, courtesy of Legal&Tax.