Debt doesn’t have to be forever. We’re here to offer you support and knowledge, so you can protect the things you love and fight for the things that really matter.
When it comes to debt, you’re not alone. According to a report issued by the World Bank, South Africans were the biggest borrowers in the world in 2014. The truth is, most people are currently in debt. The important thing is, we’ll help you get your financial freedom back.
How can Debt Assist help?
- Our Debt Assist department is operated by professionals who include registered debt counsellors, attorneys and experienced negotiators
- We guarantee confidentiality
- If you do not wish to be placed under debt review, we can negotiate payment arrangements on your behalf and assist by asking for extensions to avoid repossession of your assets or assess if sequestration may be the best option to relieve your financial stress
- We offer you access to unlimited advice, from budgeting to taking out loans
- We offer protection from being harassed and pressured by credit providers and debt collectors.
- We’ll help you restore and improve your credit record profile
You will pay what you can afford and maintain a dignified lifestyle
Sometimes, members get into debt for good reasons – like giving their kids the education they deserve. We understand that not all debt is a result of irresponsible spending. Our debt advisors can help you find a way to manage your debt at a rate that is manageable for you.